Hi guys!! This is a blog made by a bored, gay malaysian dude in UK. Join me in my attempts of balancing out my life while enjoying a few amateurish web-comic and hopefully some arts and crafts along the way =D . Feel free to drop me an email =3

Friday 14 February 2014

Skiing: I was told I could hav died

Bear was quite mad when I told him this. But it really did not occur to me that I dodged a bullet there. -.-

Back to my skiing adventure. It was the last day of my skiing trip, and there was a snow storm. But put in a snow storm, slippery slopes and a couple of hot blooded guys, you obviously hav the recipe of a disaster. 

So yeah, a few of us went to the slopes despite the snow storm because it is our last day. And we deliberately chose a slope we never ski before and a level higher than wad we use to ski. Because.... It's the last day! 

The cable car was closed, it's easily a warning for us to turn back but noooooo we don give a crap. We took the chair lift which oddly was up and running. 

Anyway, when we are up there I tell ya, it was literally a survival movie. I can't see anything but snow. The bits of ice were piercing my face. Even after a few days I can still feel a later of dead cell layers on my cheeks. 

It was a horrible experience; I took off my goggles because the snow blocks the vision and it fogged up quite easily. Had to ski with my eyes half closed (Ching Chong mode) so tat the snowflakes won't enter my eyes. 

The slope is long, very long. There are 31 segments. The slope was marked by a series of blue sticks on both side of the road. The road is quite wide as I can't see markers from both sides within my sight. 

Although I am a beginner, I have above average skiing skill in the group. Due to poor arrangement, I ended up skiing alone because the better ones are either in the front or at the way back to help the struggling ones. 

So here's me, skiing in a new territory, all alone with my eyes half closed, without goggles in a snow storm.

Really, wad could go wrong? lol

So i tried a tactic, I skied in a huge S shape, I started off from the marker on the right and skied slantly towards the left, when i reached the marker on the left i took a sharp S and skied to the right. After a few junctions, I plopped myself onto the snow gently cuz i don want to tired my legs, sat up-straight and tried to see if i am heading in the right direction, then i repeated the whole process. Here's a pic in case my poor English confused you lol. 
Well, this seemed to be working for 3,4 times, albeit very tiring. Then one time i plopped myself down the snow and sat upstraight again, i saw something unnerving.

I saw two markers within my visual field.

This was different because there's is a good deal of distance between two markers, I usually need a good ten seconds of skiing to see another marker. 

So this could only mean that the road ahead is very very very narrow. 

I kept looking backwards, hoping the ones at the back had catch up, but to no avail. I shouted:"GUYS I DON KNOW WHERE TO GO!!!!" But there's no answer. 

"Okay," I told myself. "Stay calm. Even though this is a harder slope its still for amateurs. If its narrow, it shouldn't be too steep."

So i gathered my courage and skied right between the two markers. 

I immediately noticed the difference of the snow consistency under my and I started tumbling, I cant control my skis. Confused and nervous, i sank lower and lower as the powdered snow cannot take in my weight. 

I was determined to continue skiing again when my friend called out:"Bunny!!! You r off course!!!"

Wuddddd?

Apparently the slope took a sharp turn, the two markers i was looking at were actually on the same side. D=

So i voluntarily skied out the course. And given that this is 2000m high and most of the sides are cliffs, I was very lucky that i din ski off one (the cliffs i mean). And if my fren din make it in time and i cont skiing from where i tumbled, I will eventually ski off the mountains. 

Woaaaaahhhhhhhh

So moral of the story, DON SKI on a new slope. You may perish. 

lol. 

I need to start praying now zzz. 
  


3 comments: