Hi guys!! This is a blog made by a bored, gay malaysian dude in UK. Join me in my attempts of balancing out my life while enjoying a few amateurish web-comic and hopefully some arts and crafts along the way =D . Feel free to drop me an email =3

Wednesday 5 February 2014

I don really like science students

Hey guys, sorry for the overhaul, but i bet you guys are celebrating ching chong year anyway.

I am having my very first ski trip just to wash off the cny blues, so a bunch of us went for a cool trip filled with snow and ice.

Skiing is damn painful i tell you, but tat is now wad i wanna rant for now.

So we gathered together during the night. Everyone was complaining about being tired and we should play some mindless games.

A few proposals came and went, but there were no conclusions.

Then one of the guy brought his deck of cards, and apparently he had used them as flashcards long time ago, hence all of them had drug names on it.

So guess wad they ended up playing.

Yeap, they ended up doing  medicine charades.

"guys seriously?" you can hear me lamenting.

But no.... they were too busy guessing wad is the side effect of vigabatrin.

And i was so annoyed, i just walked off despite their pleads so that i can just curled up and read a book.

I don know if i am impolite, but man this is one reason i hate traveling with science students, especially medics. Because everything will end up being medicine this medicine that, everything will be bones and joints and wad not stuff. A lot of them like to feel smart and wad can make them feel that way? By talking abt wad they have been by harding throughout the years. I passed my exams, I want my vacation, cant we just not be that kind of ppl who cant seem to see that knowledge isnt everything? That life doesn't revolves around you?

I am a firm believer that one should not showcase wad they know unless asked. Hence, if i started to talk sciency stuff to you, its just basically i have nothing left to talk to you about.

I am quite pissed off, because they thought i was being silly, merajuk-ing if you may. But i guess in a way they are right, why i hav to force myself to immerse in ppl who is studious? I am not someone they would give a piece of themselves to, it works both ways. I should expect them to be wad i want them to be. But i am frustrated, because i feel quite alone in this. When I see ppl actually referred themselves as a games where they only play one two hours of dota and sleep before 1 a.m. I almost died laughing. I played games for days without sleep and i had tons of sony / nitendo consoles plus a mega gaming pc to boot. And i don call myself a gamer. I don label ppl who drinks a few more cups than I just because I don drink and clubbing isnt my thing. I don think that talking to science ppl is a relief because they apparently "share my level of intelligence" (seriously, someone actually told me this.)

If i wanna make a sweeping statement, I gotta say, science frens, are mostly egoistic and always have slight delusion of grandeur.

Gosh. Life is sad.

I gotta see more ppl, but being abroad, you don really hav much choice. I gotta face reality at some point.

sighh.

I gotta grow up i guess?

3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha I suppose u just been a lil' bit unlucky there. Most of my science friend are pretty okay. we dont talk bout study and whatnot the moment we went out of the lecture hall. the only time we ever talk bout it is like a week, i think, before the final XD LOL

    I wont agree with what they did also. Vacation is suppsoed to be vacation. Shut the book tight and get bloody out n have fun. ah well, maybe their sense of fun have been skewed too much xP

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...I am one of those that play one to two hours of DOTA..though i haven't yet officially declared myself as a gamer... I did proudly inform acquantainces that i play DOTA, to make myself look less nerdy and hopefully more socially desirable in a way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BITE ME! Hahahaha, oh well, medics medics tsk tsk tsk.

    Vets do pretty much the same thing, but apparently everything becomes related to our studies including economics, human medicine, politics and the list goes on and on ahhahahaha

    What to do right? BUT, we know our limits and we have fun. As for the scenario above; I can't take it if we were out for a ski trip. IT's a FUCKING TRIP MAN GET A LIFE!

    ReplyDelete