Hi guys!! This is a blog made by a bored, gay malaysian dude in UK. Join me in my attempts of balancing out my life while enjoying a few amateurish web-comic and hopefully some arts and crafts along the way =D . Feel free to drop me an email =3

Thursday 6 March 2014

STOP CRYING When i stick a needle into you!!!!!!

Yup.

As you know being in a obstetric wards is like being in a whirlpool of colours. You hav the joys when you welcome a new life, the sadness when there's an absence of a heart beat, the hatred when the contraction starts, the gloom when you r awaiting surgery. You really know wad kind of emotional trainwreck you will encounter until the moment you pull open the curtains and take a good look at her facial expression.

So.

My doctor asked me to take some bloods from this new patient and obviously i obliged, thinking it will b another good practice.

As both of us introduced ourselves to the patient, i was standing rdy with the kit while the doc was talking to her. Her partner was present.

Then i started to realised her tear stained face and stricken demeanor. An uneasiness started to creep within me.  To my horror, as i listen to the doc, it seemed that she just had a miscarriage.

So, the doc finished consoling her and turned to me,:"this is bunny, he will be taking the bloods for you." The couple turned and looked at me, the girl manged to feign a smile.

So, awkwardly i struggle to prepare the kit. Calm down bunny, its just like any other blood vessel, i kept telling myself.

As i put the needle in, she just so happened to start sobbing quietly. I got more and more nervous, and it certainly did not help, i cant seem to find the bloods. As i continue maneuver the tip, she suddenly wail and scream and cried and DIVED into the partners arm, while the needle was freaking still in her arms.

Shocked, i quickly redrew the needle, put a plaster on her, apologised to the couple, ran away with tails between my legs. As i found the doc, she obviously noticed my horrified expression, and she quipped:"i know its a bit mean to let you do it, but i just want you to experience tat."

Boy, tat's rough z. Welcome to the maternity wards z

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Remind me of the reason I didn't study medicine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where the hormones fly in the atmosphere like bacteria.

    ReplyDelete